by Jacquelyn Howard, SAP Professional Journal and BI Expert
Today, the SAP Experts editors had a great meeting with the editors at Galileo Press (publishers of SAP PRESS books here in the US). They were excellent hosts and we left the meeting feeling energized. We get together like this every so often to discuss trends and how best to meet our readers’ needs.
Here are some of the trends we discussed:
- The growth of SAP NetWeaver BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation (formerly known as BPC). As related was the trend of more readers looking for information on the Microsoft version.
- The increasing interest in using Microsoft SharePoint with SAP applications, notable SAP ERP HCM
- More developers seem to be interested in the ABAP side of things, rather than Java, based on SAP’s current direction
- With SAP Solution Manager 7.1 going into Ramp-Up in October, more people seem to be talking about it
- Still a strong interest in core SAP NetWeaver BW functionality (e.g., process chains and ETL), but increasing interest in how readers can use SAP BusinessObjects front-end tools with the SAP NetWeaver BW back end
We can see some of these trends when looking at our recent popular articles for BI Expert and SAP Professional Journal, as well as the top four books for SAP PRESS. The top two articles for June for each publication are:
SAP Professional Journal
In addition, SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation, SAP NetWeaver BW, and ABAP feature strongly in the top four books trending in the SAP PRESS store:
Are these the same areas for which you are looking for information? Or perhaps you have experience in one of these areas and would like to share your knowledge. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.