When SAP announced they were going to acquire Sybase, the SAP enterprise mobility market paused. Now it is moving again and SAP's mobility partners are aligning with SAP's mobility strategy and announcing support for the Sybase Unwired Platform as this announcement today demonstrates - ClickSoftware Partners With Sybase to Deliver Best-in-Class Mobility for the Service Sector.
Here are some interesting excerpts:
- They will use key components of the Sybase® mobility platform – SQL Anywhere® embedded database and synchronization.
- They will utilize Afaria® mobile device management and security.
- They will leverage the Sybase infrastructure, in conjunction with their SAP alliance, to create an attractive solution for the mobile service industry.
- This application development platform and configuration tool enables ClickSoftware and its partners to rapidly build mobility applications to support the mobilization of SAP.
- This solution provides Mobile Asset Management, Timesheets, Expenses and Payroll with tight integration into SAP ECC6, CRM and HCM.
- For integration to SAP it utilizes an SAP/ClickSoftware NetWeaver integration in conjunction with Sybase's co-innovation with SAP.
I believe this is a good model that most enterprise mobility vendors in the SAP ecosystem will ultimately follow if they are to compliment SAP's roadmaps, rather than compete.