After TechEd last week and SAPinsider's Projects and Reporting, Planning, and Analysis 2010 events this week, I've heard a lot of rumblings that SAP Solution Manager is a hot topic. After (and during) TechEd, several bloggers mentioned overhearing chatter (and not just from the usual Solution Manager pros) about the tentatively named Solution Manager 7.1, slated to be released in 2011. It'll definitely be interesting to see what people think about the new version - as an independent product and compared to 7.0.
Our last reader survey for Solution Manager Expert might be able to provide some insight into the way that people are currently using Solution Manager.
- A full 100% of readers are using SAP Solution Manager with enhancement package 1.
- The most popular upgrade they're performing in the next few months is SAP BusinessObjects (35% of the respondents plan this).
- Smartphone use increased by 10% in the six months between reader surveys.
- The most popular reason that they subscribe to Solution Manager Expert is to "advance SAP skills." This was followed by "better understand the technology" and "learn a new way to solve a problem."
- The top 3 subjects that readers were interested in were ChaRM (45%), system monitoring (40%), and Diagnostics/Root Cause Analysis (30%).
How do you compare? Are you interested to see what 7.1 is like - and if you haven't used Solution Manager before, do you think that your organization will wait to hear more about 7.1 before you start to take advantage of Solution Manager functionality? Feel free to comment below.
-- Molly Vaughan, Solution Manager Expert, @SolMgrExpert