Photo credit: Medford Taylor, National Geographic Society
by Molly Vaughan, CRM Expert
I felt like it was only appropriate on the last day of summer (click to see why the equinox this year is special) to share a few of the results from our summer 2010 CRM Expert reader survey. I've included some figures on SAP and CRM use, as well as a couple of interesting tech facts at the end:
- A full 91% of readers are on SAP ERP 6.0. Very few are still using R/3 or ERP 5.0.
- Use of 7.0 has increased steadily since 2009. In the summer of 2009, 31% of respondents were using SAP CRM 7.0. In January 2010, this rose to 50%. As of summer 2010, 66% are using 7.0.
- 16% are using CRM 2007, and only 9% are using CRM 5.0/2005.
- 35% stated that they would be upgrading to 7.0 within the next 12 months.
- The most popular topics (in decreasing order of popularity) are CRM 7.0, Marketing, the Interaction Center, Sales, Middleware, and E-Commerce.
- Business use of LinkedIn has increased from 22% to 31% in the last six months.
- 63% of readers use smartphones to access the web.
Now the question is...Do CRM Expert readers represent your company and department? If you want to chime in on these results, please feel free to comment below.