With increasing pressure on the office of the CFO to take a more strategic approach to financial reporting, more and more companies are integrating day-to-day financial reports with management reports into a single financial reporting framework.
Check out the following tip from Deepak Khosla of Infosys’s presentation at our upcoming Financials 2011 conference in Amsterdam, 7-9 June and get some key considerations on how to for build your project team for this type of reporting framework implementation.
- Executive Sponsor for this program should ideally be the Global CFO
- Top-Driven – Steering committee should consist of senior finance executives from various business units and regions
- Program Manager should be from the finance world, preferably an experienced and respected controller
- Business Process Analyst are the Data Gurus; they know the DNA of organization-wide data and are the best judge of what will work (in terms of harmonization, granularity, linkages, etc.)
- Program Manager and BPA are 100% roles
- BI program lead holds the key to delivery of the project; one of the most critical responsibilities is to challenge requirements
- BI program lead can be a senior BPA or an experienced BI practitioner
Team Setup — Sample Structure