by Melanie Obeid, Managing Editor, SAPinsider
In his new article, “SAP HANA Demystified: An Overview of SAP’s Game-Changing In-Memory Technology,” SAP’s Dan Kearnan tackles three key questions swirling around the solution: What is SAP HANA, how does it work, and how will it benefit a business? He also highlights two key forces that have been driving the need for enterprises to rethink how they manage and use data.
The power of SAP HANA comes from a foundation based on in-memory technology, which enables the solution to work with massive amounts of data in real time. But did you know that SAP HANA is only one of several solutions that leverage in-memory computing? These SAP applications also use this innovative technology:
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator (SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator)
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer, accelerated version
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) customer segmentation
- SAP Business ByDesign analytics
- SAP Advanced Planning & Optimization (SAP APO)
- SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search
- SAP BusinessObjects Strategic Workforce Planning
You can find Dan’s article, as well as other pieces dedicated to the latest business ana
lytics developments, in the April-June 2011 issue of SAPinsider.