by Lucy Swedberg, Group Editor, SAPinsider and insiderPROFILES
When enthusiastic minds, great conversation, and tasty appetizers come together in one room, it’s a beautiful thing. Tonight’s welcome reception at the HR, Financials, and GRC 2011 event in Las Vegas was no exception. Amidst clinking glasses and cheese-and-cracker noshing, I observed a few interesting trends:
- SAP’s 10.0 releases of GRC and EPM are generating some nice buzz. If they haven’t already, interested attendees should head over to SAP’s booth to learn more about what to expect in these upcoming versions.
- I can’t say enough about how popular ESS and MSS discussions are this year among HR attendees.
- New projects and implementations seem to be really taking off again; attendees are genuinely relieved that many of their long-awaited project proposals have been given the green light in the last 2-6 months. (I’ve seen this quite prevalently in the GRC space, in particular, with access control and risk management projects leading the way.)
- When it comes to knowledge transfer and networking, in-person interactions are really tough to beat. The events’ 3000+ attendees are learning as much from each other as they are from the show’s expert presenters and speakers.
- In a gambling town like Las Vegas, there’s something to be said about a game in which you&rs
quo;re guaranteed to win….hence, the popularity of the WIS Publishing prize wheel, new and improved for 2011. If you’re attending the event, be sure to stop by and give the wheel a spin!
Looking forward to more great conversations tomorrow!