Tip Doctor, Insider Learning Network.
This SAP CRM tip comes courtesy of Deloitte’s Nitin Solanki, a featured speaker at CRM 2011 in Orlando, FL.
Before embarking on a CRM implementation project, here are some tips to help you ensure that your organization is ready to embrace such an initiative.
- Your SAP CRM implementation should be viewed as a significant business change program, not simply a technology implementation
- The implementation should be scoped and planned to incorporate people, process, and technology components necessary to address the business issues and achieve the overarching strategic objectives
Identify Business Issues
Identifying your business issues can be done through interviews with business representatives and key stakeholders. Examples of these issues may be:
- Ineffective Collaboration
- Multiple possible customer touch points with limited, reactive information, and knowledge sharing across customer-facing teams
- Sub-Optimal Processes
- Different teams use multiple processes and models for engaging with customers without an end-to-end view or standardization
- Complex and Fragmented Data and Systems Environmen
- Multiple data repositories, tools and s ystems exist across different teams
Understand CRM Project Implications
In order to achieve your CRM strategic objectives, implementation project should deliver:
- People Aspects
- Cultural and behavioral shift towards how external relationships and information is used
- Consistent, quality of data, shared across the enterprise
- Process Aspects
- Standardized, streamlined business processes, with clear accountability and ownership of end-to-end activities
- Improved insight into customer relationships
- Technology Aspects
- Software application that is intuitive and enables efficiency
- Single source of truth for key information
Gain Executive Sponsorship & User Support
- Establish a clear CRM strategic vision by executive sponsorship
- Engage your organization’s key stakeholders and communicating change will enable early user adoption
- Reducing the complexity of the business processes will deliver short-term wins for your organization, and when enabled by an SAP CRM solution, will:
- Reduce customizations to decrease your development and deployment times
- Allow for more consistent and effective training, resulting in lower costs
- Yield higher user adoption
More technical CRM information, tips and advice, including articles from CRM Expert, are available on SAPinsider's CRM channel.