By Dave Hannon
Enterprise mobility is changing a lot of industries, including the publishing and information delivery industry. This week, SAPinsider releases its first-ever mobile app, the SAPinsider app for the iPad and iPhone, available now in the iTunes store for free download.
Since the IT audience always wants to hear about the new features first, I’ll give you those right up front. With the new SAPinsider app, users can:
- Review complete digital issues of SAPinsider magazine
- Read text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability
- Download articles for offline reading
- Search the full text of available issues
- Bookmark favorite articles
- Share articles with colleagues
As you can tell, the team that put this app together really did their homework. (And for the Android users out there, we’re working on that next.)
But make no mistake, this is not just an innovative step for our magazine in how we deliver content to you. It’s a reflection of the direction that you, the SAP community, is moving. We know that because:
- We’ve told the stories of SAP customers like Tellabs and Novus who are leveraging mobility within their SAP environment for competitive advantage.
- We’ve heard from the highest levels within SAP (and Sybase) including John Chen, Jack Chawla and Dan Mahowald about the benefits of having a clear and well-planned mobility strategy and how SAP plans to help you in those areas.
- And we’ve heard from SAP partners and the broader ecosystem that mobility is a major emphasis for SAP customers right now.
Of course, for the SAPinsider readers that still like to see that print magazine showing up every quarter, it will still be there for you, just as it has for all these years. We’re not abandoning print, we’re supplementing it. And for those of you who read SAPinsider on the web, that option is certainly still there for you at sapinsider.wispubs.com. The new app is just one more way that we can deliver you the information you need in the format you want it in.
So if you're an iPhone or iPad user, download the SAPinsider app today. Or if you’re
going to the SAPPHIRENOW conference, stop by our booth and demo it live, so you can let us know what you think. Because as information providers, our job is to help you do your job better and more efficiently and we hope this app will do that.