The following tip has been taken from Mitresh Kundalia’s presentation “10 essential methods, reporting techniques, and tools no SAP finance team should be without” which took place at the Financials 2011 conference in Las Vegas, March 8-11.
For more Financials resources, join Mitresh in a live Q&A in the Financials Forum on migrating to the new G/L on Friday, May 20. For full details and background materials, register here.
Whether you're implementing SAP ERP Financials for the first time, upgrading or rolling out financials functionality, or embarking on a continuous improvement project in any area of SAP, there are methods and tools that are essential to success.
Check out this tip and learn how the note assistant tool can be used to take the pain out of applying SAP Notes, ensuring that there are no mistakes in applying the code corrections.
SAP Notes Assistant
SAP Notes (formerly OSS Notes) contain three key parts
- A description of the symptoms of an inaccuracy or error
- Instructions on how to correct the source code
- A list of prerequisites and dependencies for the Note
Applying SAP Notes can be challengi
- Dependencies and prerequisites can be hard to track
- Making manual code changes can introduce errors. For example:
- What if you miss one line of code, or mistype something?
- What if you miss a dependent note or service pack?
- You may end up with more issues than you started with!
Note Assistant automates the SAP Note implementation process
- Until now, you had to download SAP Notes and implement code changes manually
- Note Assistant automates the SAP Note implementation process
- You no longer have to tamper with the source code
- Provides a centralized hub for note administration
- Reduces manual work and errors significant
Options Available in Note Assistant
Notes Assistant Features
Provides comprehensive reporting capability
- Logs all your processing steps
- Provides a report of all Notes that have been implemented in your system
- Displays the processing status of each Note
Facilitates efficient support team management
- Continuous system improvement usually requires a team of
specialists working together to track the status of SAP Notes
- With the Note Assistant, you can assign Notes to individuals for processing, and keep track of their status
Tracks and resolves dependencies
- Recognizes and handles dependencies between SAP Notes, support packages, and upgrades
Protects your modifications
- Detects if you’ve modified any code involved in the note
- You can have the system overwrite or reapply your modifications
- Knows when to reapply Notes