By Scott Wallask, SAPexperts
Although the results only represent a snapshot and are far from a scientific sampling, folks we asked about the upcoming SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 release are leaning toward implementing the new version of the software.
We posted an online poll on August 23 asking people, “What is your company’s interest level with the upcoming BusinessObjects BI 4.0 release?”
The results indicate that more than half of our respondents plan to use 4.0, with another sizable chunk considering 4.0:
- 57.5% -- We run an older release of BusinessObjects and definitely will implement 4.0
- 21.2% -- We run an older release of BusinessObjects and might implement 4.0
- 12.1% -- We run an older relea
se of BusinessObjects and will not implement 4.0
- 6.1% -- We don’t run BusinessObjects yet and might implement 4.0
- 3.1% -- We don’t run BusinessObjects and have no plans to do so
As with many quick-hit polls, this one does not showcase any in-depth analysis of trends, but at the very least the results show a healthy interest in SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0, which is good news for SAP. The latest tentative general availability for the new release is September 16, 2011.
Follow Scott on Twitter @BI_expert