Tip Doctor, Insider Learning Network.
This SAP tip comes courtesy of Ahmed El Adl, PWC, who spoke at our CRM 2011 event.
The New SAP Mobility: Why It Is Now the Perfect Storm?
• The SAP product strategy; on-premise, on-demand, and on-device reflects the current and future IT trends
• The acquisition of Sybase gave SAP best-in-class enterprise information management and mobilization products
• The new powerful mobile devices provide the required computing power SAP-based mobile solutions need
• Network bandwidth and global coverage solved major SAP mobility problem — “Time-out”
• SAP mobile SDK as well as the new native mobile SDKs from mobile OS vendors such as Apple and Google enable developing high quality apps in less time and costs
• SAP partner ecosystem is highly motivated and dedicates investments and resources to develop industry-specific mobile apps
Key Characteristic of the Sample SAP Mobility Architecture
p; Provides an enterprise-class mobility platform delivered, maintained, and further developed by SAP, as your unified mobile enterprise application platform (MEAP)
• Includes fully integrated mobile device, user, apps, and security capabilities
• Includes non-SAP, thin integration layers, so that well selected instant value prepackaged solutions can be added out of the box
• Supports multiple mobile devices and operating systems
SAP Mobility: Strategy Best Practice
• SAP processes are usually business critical processes. Carefully define the scope of the mobile solution(s)
• Avoid mega mobility projects. Split it down to different solutions and/or phases
• Shift from mobilizing SAP functionality to mobilizing tasks spanning different SAP and non-SAP systems
• Design the data model in a way that the mobile solution(s) doesn’t overload the SAP backend systems
• Consider business process integration, not only technical integration
• Data quality could be disruptive and misleading to the business especially on a mobile device
• Consider the new SAP products and roadmap in your mobility roadmap
For more CRM tips and best practices, join the C
RM group on Insider Learning Network.