The following tip is taken from Mukul Nagle’s presentation ” at the event, being held in Las Vegas, Nevada, Feb 28-March 2.
10 writing style guidelines for your mobile application
1. Make sure to use a courteous, non-abrupt writing style
2. Ensure the use of your end user’s terms and language, avoiding technical jargon
3. Keep short and logical labels, avoid truncation
4. Use simple and precise titles, using short words
5. Create actionable and concise messages, making sure to include sentence fragments
6. Place the most important messages at top of the screen
7. Use appropriate capitalization and punctuation
8. Use a label to name or describe parts of your UI or to provide short messages to the user.
9. A label is best suited to display a relatively small amount of text.
10. Take care to make y
our labels legible. Don’t sacrifice clarity for fancy fonts or showy colors.