In previous articles, we discussed the concept of Eventos that the Brazil tax authority was evaluating. And as always, the first wave of inbound receiving mandates are already hitting specific industries. Currently, the concept of Eventos is mandated to be implemented for Oil and Gas companies. The mandates fall into two basic industry categories:
Production Environment must be live:
- For Fuel Distribution Companies : March 1st, 2013
- Gas Stations and Resale companies: July 1st, 2013
The reason the government is changing and forcing this new process: The Brazilian SEFAZ wants to create controls preventing transportation fraud as well as NF-e cancellations after the delivery of goods. Unscrupulous suppliers were creating “ghost” transactions at end of month using the tax id of existing customers without their awareness. Transactions were then canceled later without consequence to the sending party. This process was and is being utilized to ship product illegally.
What do Oil & Gas companies have to do:
- In short: The receiver of a NF-e or CT-e, a transportation invoice, will send an Acknowledgement to the government for each document received.
Functionality that your solution needs to have
in order to comply with the full Eventos process includes:
- Inbound Nota Fiscal validation engine
- Validate all Inbound NFe
- Validate all Inbound CTe
- In essence, with the introduction of Eventos, the Brazilian government is becoming an eInvoicing network with two way communication between the Buyer and Suppliers.