This HR tip comes courtesy of Mark Hediger of Worklogix Europe, who is speaking at our upcoming HR 2013 event, 11-13 June in Amsterdam! Learn how to determine strategic roles in your strategic workforce planning process.
- How will we compete?
- What are the key business objectives for the next five years?
- What strengths do we have that we need to protect from our competitors?
- What new strengths do we need to establish in order to maintain our competitive edge?
- Role Identification
- Which roles are involved in executing the business objectives?
- Which roles are associated with strengths we need to protect?
- Which roles need to be in place to establish the new strengths identified?
- Role Prioritization
- Of the roles identified, which (if any) develop strategy?
- Of the roles identified, where will a shortage of employees impact strategy the most?
- Of the roles identified, where will a shortage of employees impact our competitive strength the most?
- Of the roles identified, where will a shortage of employees impact our financial performance the most?
Learn more about strategic workforce planning and more in Amsterdam. There is still time to register for HR 2013! Register by June 9 to save €100!