This Reporting & Analytics tip comes from a presentation by Don Loden’s 5 ways to enhance your information governance program presentation coming up at Reporting & Analytics 2013 in Orlando, November 20-22.
What exactly is data governance? And once you know what it is, how do you get started on putting practices in place?
Data governance is:
• A core business process that ensures that data is treated as a corporate asset
• Managed formally throughout the enterprise
• Constantly evolving
To get started on your data governance initiative, you should:
• Define data governance in your company
• Choose a key initiative as a test case
• Define simple metrics that can be easily measured and tracked
• Align your stakeholders with your test case
• Document and communicate!
• Leverage success or learn from mistakes
• Don’t get bogged down in the details!
See this full session and more in Orlando this November. There is still time to register for R&A 2013 — register by October 20 to save $200!