Over the last decade, mobile and digital technologies have dramatically transformed customer behavior and expectations. This changing dynamic is happening so fast that businesses are scrambling to keep up and many are unable to evolve quickly enough to meet the changing expectations of their customer base.
According to Forrester Research, Inc., there are four gaps between what customers expect and what companies deliver:1
- Performance — Customers expect business applications and transactions to be as simple and user friendly as the personal apps they use on a daily basis
- Convenience — With the ability to shop with one click and have bills paid automatically, customers are no longer willing to be inconvenienced
- Personalization — Processes and products now need to be tailored to customers’ specific needs
- Trust — Consumers need to trust that their information will be safe and that they are getting good value
Forrester also advises that, to stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing environment, companies need to transform their business processes to meet customers’ rising expectations and realize that software is a strategic asset, not an operational "nice to have." Companies should also take advantage of cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) technologies for agility and lower, more predictable costs.
Evolving your technology may seem hard, but it can be done! For example, Ascend Performance Materials needed a more powerful and flexible solution for analysis, reporting, and its enterprise applications. Ascend chose to migrate to SAP HANA as an analytical engine and SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (SAP ASE) as the database platform for transactional systems. AT&T planned, managed, and executed the SAP application and database upgrades and migrations from a dedicated server environment to a more flexible, higher-performing, virtualized cloud infrastructure. AT&T also provides ongoing application lifecycle management and optimization, helping to provide Ascend decision makers with faster access to the up-to-date information they need for business insight.
Download the full case study to read more about:
- The critical success factors of the project
- Why Ascend chose AT&T to migrate, host, and manage the applications
- The performance, stability, and financial benefits of the solution
To learn more about how you can transform your business and move toward a digital future, view the webinar titled “Application Transformation: First Step on the Road to a Digital Future” or visit www.att.com/applicationmanagement.
1 Forrester, "Forrsights Business Decision-Makers Survey" (2012).