In two weeks, the world’s most expensive building will house one of the world’s largest collections of SAP professionals, consultants, and line of business experts. Beginning October 13, SAPinsider returns to the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center to host a three-day extravaganza of SAP learning with the co-located HANA 2014, Financials 2014, HR 2014, Logistics and SCM 2014, GRC 2014, and BI 2014 events.
As visitors to Singapore quickly discover, local Singaporeans really, really love food. In that vein, we have prepared a pre-conference smorgasbord of materials to help whet your appetite for the upcoming conferences. If you’re heading to Singapore, there’s likely something here to quench your thirst for knowledge in advance of the events. If you’re not going, consider this a taste of what you’ll be missing and we’ll hope to reserve a table for you in 2015.
- Michael Dayaseela, a presenter at BI 2014, is the Business Intelligence Lead and Architect at Village Roadshow Limited. In this blog, he discusses his company’s SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) powered by SAP HANA implementation and how it has streamlined data flow at the company.
- Keeping with BI, this podcast with BI 2014 speaker Lestor Meadows of Kimberly-Clark provides listeners with the ins and outs of self-service BI. Topics include the integration and use of the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite, and how Kimberly-Clark increased BI awareness and self-service BI at its own organization.
- In this blog, GRC 2014 speaker Ed Davis of Turnkey Consulting Australia details important points in executing a secure and effective GRC initiative, including factoring in up-to-date regulations, mission-critical data, and a broad set of stakeholder expectations on top of IT considerations.
- Turning to HR, Venki Krishnamoorthy, Solution Architect and Consultant with Talent HRO and an HR 2014 presenter, discusses the current and future landscape of learning management solutions available to SAP customers in this educational podcast.
- Is SCM on this menu, you ask? Of course. Here is Sean Elliffe of Reveal USA and a Logistics and SCM 2014 presenter on what SAP’s “Run Simple” message means to an organization’s SCM environment. Also in the podcast, Elliffe discusses the importance of data flow and accuracy in supply chain planning, and how new technologies such as SAP HANA, cloud, and analytics can simplify the move to a real-time supply chain.
- Not to be outdone, Logistics and SCM 2014 presenter Kyle Sorensen of EY provides tips on how to get more value out of SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM). Topics of this podcast include how warehouse management systems have evolved, and advice for optimizing SAP EWM functionality.
- More BI, you say? In this podcast, BI 2014 speaker Fredrik Ohlsson of Tetra Pak describes how the global packaging firm has addressed the challenge of ungoverned BI across the organization.
- In this Live Q&A, BI 2014 speaker Clint Vosloo (joined by BI Experts author Joshua Fletcher) answers a wide range of questions on BI tools selection. Topics include what the introduction of SAP Design Studio and SAP Lumira means for selecting tools and current dashboard development with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, Dashboards, and Business Explorer.
- For those of you perusing the menu for information on Financials, this Live Q&A with Financials 2014 speakers Puneet Gupta, Kranthi Kumar, and Sanjeev Mehta of CPM Consulting took reader questions on planning for an SAP BPC implementation or migration. Topics include the differences between SAP BPC NW 10.0 and BPC 10.0 on SAP HANA and typical planning scenarios for organizations using SAP BPC.
Have you gotten your Singapore fill? In spite of all of this information, this is just the appetizer menu. For the main course, we will see you at the Marina Bay Sands. For more information about the upcoming conferences, check out the Events Calendar.