Q&A with Marco Draghi
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Time: 11 AM EDT
Duration: 60 minutes
Business intelligence (BI) is the lifeblood of data-driven organizations, enabling you to turn the data in your SAP systems into actionable information that drives better decision making, uncovers opportunity, and improves efficiency. The modern BI landscape is an increasingly complex one, however, with trends such as big data, the cloud, and the Internet of Things dramatically changing the type, volume, and interaction of data and systems in play. Properly managing this complexity is critical, particularly with systems that constantly produce new content or serve as shared platforms for multiple projects.
During this live Q&A session Marco Draghi, Principal Consultant at Xoomworks, answered questions about BI administration, including when and where to tune the different parts of a distributed and dynamically changing landscape, best practices for setting up a security model in a shared landscape when multiple projects are running on the same system, and more, such as:
- What are the possible variables that can impact the performance of my BI landscape?
- What are the best ways to secure the traffic of sensible data and the access to the BI system?
- How can we best monitor and set alerts for our landscapes in order to proactively understand when/where and how to scale the different components of a distributed BI landscape?
- What are some best practices to follow to make sure that any possible BI content generated won't be the root cause of a system instability that can impact other concurrent running projects on a BI shared service?
- How do you define the structure of the security model to be flexible and scalable and can fit any possible security requirements that can dynamically change without having an adverse impact on end-user performances and without the need to review it from scratch?
Sign in to view the chat replay and transcript from the event.
Sponsored by Xoomworks