Panelists: Sheila McCarthy (SAP) and Tom Walker (OpenText)
Date: December 14, 2017
Time: 11 am ET/10:00 am CT
Duration: 60 minutes
Today, economic conditions are motivating corporations to embrace digital transformation to increase the speed, accuracy, and immediate visibility of their business processes. The digital journey strategy is based on advanced technology and process optimization. The first step in the digital journey is essential for transforming manual data capture to digital capture and ingestion in an SAP system. Capturing data from nonelectronic channels for use in SAP system business processing presents significant challenges. These challenges include, but are not limited to excessive processing cost, lost documentation, bad decisions based on inaccurate and irrelevant data, lack of compliance, and limited visibility of process and supporting documentation.
Corporate expectations for SAP S/4HANA include improvement in processing speed and thus speed of decisions. As with any process flow, however, performance is limited by the weakest link in the process chain. For example, if a business user’s first process step is manual data entry, then you immediately degrade the process flow. This is compounded as a result of errors that go unnoticed in the data acquisition and subsequent use in the process as well as limited visibility of supporting documentation.
Join this live Q&A session with SAP and OpenText experts to get answers to your questions on how to craft a digital strategy for acquisition of data delivered through nonelectronic channels. They will share tips and best practices for how your capture strategy will promote efficiency, lower cost, and improve your return on investment in SAP S/4HANA. Here is a sample of some questions these experts are prepared to answer:
- How does Capture differ from optical character recognition (OCR)?
- Why is a capture solution required if we are moving toward electronic acquisition of information?
- What level of document recognition can be expected?
- How does a capture solution work with email attachments?
- How can capture recognition be improved?
- In an SAP system how can goods receipt entry be improved to help eliminate quantity variances in three-way match invoicing?
- In an SAP system how is sale order entry improved with capture solutions?
- How does machine learning capability improve the capture process?
- Which business process will benefit significantly after an organization moves to digital capture solutions?
- How is SAP Fiori used with digital capture solutions?