In this keynote presentation, entitled The Journey to Collective Insight, Clemens Praendl (@CPraendl), SAP's new Senior Vice President and Global General Manager, SAP Analytics, addresses the audience at SAPinsider’s Reporting & Analytics 2014 INTERACTIVE, Project Management 2014, and Planning & Performance Management for SAP Customers events in Atlanta, Georgia.
Mr. Praendl discusses how organizations can truly engage with their data and predict what’s coming next — yet also deliver a simplified user experience and easily understand which solutions will work best for their environment. The keynote draws upon real-world examples and customer stories to illustrate how companies such as the NBA are putting analytics into the hands of users to drive collective insight and innovation.
Highlights of the keynote include:
- Mr. Praendl’s journey down memory lane to discuss his old Sony Walkman and the power of disruptive innovation (02:49)
- Demo of the newly announced SAP Cloud for Planning solution, which is planned to be released in early 2015 (19:32)
- Demo of visualizing plan data with SAP Predictive Analysis, built on top of SAP Lumira (34:56)
- Video of how Daimler Trucks North America is using SAP Lumira to improve relationships with its dealer network (49:04)
- Demo of how the NBA is using SAP Lumira and SAP HANA to power its NBA.com/Stats site (51:22)
- Video teaser of the ultimate data geek challenge, Thrones of Data (1:09:13)
Throughout the session, guest speakers include SAP’s Ivo Bauermann (@ivobauermann), Austin Swope (@therealswope), Jayne Landry (@jaynelandry), and Nic Smith (@nicfish), all discussing how customers are leveraging SAP technology to put their data to work today and seize tomorrow’s opportunities.