Watch the discussion from the “Cloud: What, Why, and How?” panel discussion from the keynote stage at the Logistics and SCM 2015 and CRM 2015 conference, along with the Procurement, Manufacturing and PLM 2015 conferences in Las Vegas.
In this panel immediately following Hans Thalbauer's opening keynote, five experts shared their cloud experiences and insights:
- Nayaki Nayyar, SVP, SAP
- Amit Venugopal, Board Member, Ecenta
- Dave Batt, CEO, FPX
- Bruce Otte, Director, Platform & Managed Services, IBM
- Tom Cassell, VP, North American Supply Chain Technologies, Capgemini
In this panel, cloud experts share their thoughts on the practical questions swirling around cloud: What is the use case? What are cloud drivers? What does the ideal first project look like? The panel fielded these very practical questions from moderator Rizal Ahmed, EVP, Wellesley Information Services:
- Where are you seeing the most traction? Who’s driving cloud projects in organizations – and why?
- What is different about business case and ROI around cloud?
- Where would you recommend starting point for cloud?
- How do you preserve existing, strategic investments as you move to cloud?
- For those who have spent their career managing and working with on-premise solutions, what happens when their business moves to the cloud?
- What about customization? How do you deploy a solution that is adaptable to the business without customizing it?
Watch all the discussion from this panel, with insights and practical advice on getting started in optimizing and innovating with cloud solutions.