Using Data Governance as a Cloud Service Helps Overcome These Challenges
Companies attempting to implement data governance strategies face significant obstacles, including insufficient budgets, unrealistic time frames, and extraordinary demands from the business. Companies today need to lower their costs, achieve global visibility, take control of global data standards, and enable real-time reporting on trusted data sources for their critical business operations and decisions.
But due to budget and resource constraints, buying another tool for reporting or focusing scarce IT resources on constant tactical reporting to remediate data quality issues simply isn’t feasible. Instead, consider using data governance as a service, in the cloud or on premise. Such a service can provide hundreds of actionable reports and data quality alerts, all web-enabled, as part of the workflow, meaning that these reports and alerts are escalated to the proper data stewards every day with persistent and reliable monitoring and resolution. A service like this also allows you to implement immediate, real-time reporting and alerts for any object or data in your system landscape in a matter of hours, with no drain on your IT resources.
BackOffice Associates now offers QualityCloud as an immediate solution to your data governance challenges. This software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering gives companies the means to measure and monitor their data quality without requiring them to add IT resources or implement new software — all at a low overall TCO.
||QualityCloud provides data quality alerts to users to enable rapid remediation
||Using data governance as a cloud service versus other data governance approaches
Key Features of QualityCloud
Customers who use BackOffice’s QualityCloud service offering benefit from:
- Lower costs and accelerated improvements in data quality, without having to install additional hardware or software (there is also an on-premise version of the solution available for interested companies)
- A low-risk investment, since this cloud service operates on a fixed monthly fee that can be cancelled at any time
- A two-day workshop and a Data Standards Starter Kit that includes hundreds of built-in, best-practice global data standards guarantee that your data governance strategy employs best-practice approaches across your entire system landscape
- Web-enabled and multilingual dashboards to enable a global user base
- Unlimited strategic and tactical data reports produced on demand
- The chance for overburdened IT resources to focus on more strategic tasks rather than being saddled with handling data governance manually
- Immediate ROI with a quick, easy implementation that brings rapid, measurable data quality improvements and lowered risk
- Built-in data security and reporting aligned with an ERP security model; this eliminates the need for a complex data security model and for maintenance
- A help desk that is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, to provide expert answers at any time
To learn more about this QualityCloud service, as well as other BackOffice solutions for data governance, visit www.boaweb.com.