By Scott Wallask, Insider Learning Network
The idea of “thought leadership” is growing on us as we attempt to infuse some of the principles of this approach into our SAPinsider conferences.
I thought it would be a fun and maybe even useful exercise to come up with a list of thought leadership traits and see if you agree with them.
So, without further fanfare, you might be an SAP thought leader if:
- You’ve taken an old approach and created a new model for it that improves efficiency, saves money, and decreases downtime
- You stand high enough above a project to look at a whole process and make changes, rather than deal with the individual cogs of a process
- You understand that the success of a technical project also stems from your ability to navigate around non-technical aspects, such time-wasting pitfalls and political hot potatoes within the company
- You know how to use technology to get customers to tell you what’s important to them
- You regularly write about how to improve SAP endeavors or post related content online
- You act as the go-to person in your company about a particular SAP solution (such as SAP CRM)
- You think about SAP while sleeping
Wait a minute, scratch that last entry – it sounds more like leadership in your dreams. Let’s stick to leading the charge in real life.
Follow Scott on Twitter @sapcrm_observer.