by Jacquelyn M. Howard, Senior Managing Editor, BI Expert
Well, it’s that time of year again to make lists and check them twice, trying to find out who’s been naughty or nice. Of course, all the BI Expert team has been very nice. However, several of our authors deserve some extra credit for writing one (or two!) of the top 10 articles for the second half of 2010. (You may recall I reviewed the top articles for the first part of the year in my blog “Top 10 Articles on BI Expert for First Half of 2010”)
I was impressed again with the range of articles, spanning the years covered in the knowledgebase as well as a variety of topics, from BEx, to SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, to process chains, to SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation (or BPC, as many like to say).
Here’s a look at the list. To m
ake things more interesting, at the bottom of the list you can vote for your favorite article.
1. “8 Tips for Building Efficient BEx Queries for SAP BusinessObjects,” by Mustafa Aydogdu, Senior BI Consultant, Turkish Telecommunications
2. “BW Performance: Are You Getting the Best Out of Your System?,” by George Campbell-Kelly, Senior BI Consultant, Bluefin Solutions, Inc.
3. “20 Uses for ABAP on BW Projects,” by Ned Falk, Senior Education Consultant, SAP America
4. “Keep ABAP Routines in Sync for Global SAP NetWeaver BW
7.0 Implementations,” by Soumya Mishra, Sr. Consultant, Deloitte Consulting LLP
5. “Case Study: How to Plan for an SAP BPC Implementation,” by Uday Gupta, Senior BI Architect
6. “Best Practices for Web Intelligence Combined with SAP NetWeaver BW," by Ingo Hilgefort, Director Solution Management focusing on SAP BusinessObjects BI as an End-to-End Solution
7. “SAP BusinessObjects XI R3.1: Save Time and Add Reporting Flexibility with New Features in Service Pack 02,” by Ingo Hilgefort, Director Solution Management focusing on SAP BusinessObjects BI as an End-to-End Solution
Ingo recently wrote an updated article for Service Pack 03: “SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 03: 3 Key Pieces of New Functionality for Web Intelligence and Xcelsius.”
8. “Extract R/3 Hierarchies Directly into BW,” by Christian Harrington, Business Intelligence Consultant, Harrington Informatique
9. “5 Easy Tips to Manipulate BEx Queries Using Variables,” by July Hartono, Alpha Net Consulting LLC
10. “12 Tips to Automate BW Using Process Chains,” by Craig Handjian, BW Consultant