By Molly Folan, Conference Producer
There’s a lot of buzz going around the convention center here at the Reporting, Planning, and Analysis event surrounding SAP’s next steps in the BI direction. Stephanie Buscemi centered her keynote address around the industry’s need to continually innovate, and provided examples of ways SAP is evolving its technology offerings to support innovation.
Immediately following the keynote was Dan Kearnan’s SAP BI roadmap session. Dan has done similar sessions at past events and they’re always very well attended, and this morning was no exception. The room nearly filled its capacity of 150, and attendees seemed engaged throughout.
Dan spoke about the role SAP BusinessObjects will play in customers’ current and future SAP investment and BI strategy, including how SAP BusinessObjects front-end tools integrate with SAP ERP and SAP NetWeaver BW. He also offered countless recommendations on how to map out your future BI and information management strategy with the new SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions.
Here are 7 key points from the presentation:
1) SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions are already integrated today with SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP ERP (ECC)
2) Future roadmap work will focus on further tightening this integration and making SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions more pervasive across SAP applications
3) The SAP BEx family of reporting tools will not longer be further enhanced or develo
ped but will continue to be supported as part of SAP’s long-term maintenance policies
4) The next major release of the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite, code named “Aurora,” will focus on client tool usability, a new and expanded semantic layer and platform rationalization, and lower TCO
5) Aurora will focus on three key themes: New Common Semantic Layer; new look and feel for client tools and InfoView, as well as expanded client tool interoperability; platform rationalization
6) SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis is the next generation OLAP analysis tool that will replace SAP BusinessObjects Voyager and be the premium alternative to BEx Analyzer
7)The next major enhancement pack of the SAP Business Suite 7 will include pre-built and delivered SAP Crystal Reports and Xcelsius® dashboards
Since information delivered in this presentation was unreleased prior to today’s session, we couldn’t print booklets for this session (as we normally do). Great news though, we will be making the PowerPoint presentation available for download via a link in a post event email that will go out to all attendees next week…so keep an eye out for it!!