I had the chance to spend some time with several e-invoicing experts this week, and we discussed the new Argentinian e-invoicing requirements. There is a lot of work involved, so don't be surprised or caught unawares! Here are some of the items companies need to think about and remember when preparing to support and meet Argentina's e-invoicing 2011 deadlines:
- Different industries have different deadlines for supporting these requirements. Some industries have deadlines starting April 1, 2011. Make sure you find out about your industry's deadline.
- Businesses in Argentina must obtain a valid digital certificate and register it for use through one of the certification channels provided by the Argentinian tax authority (AFIP).
- In order to receive a valid digital certificate, companies must first obtain a Clave Fiscal password.
- Remember to obtain all the required certificates, and be sure to register for online e-invoicing.
- There are different requirements for each of the different invoice types (A, B and E), so your IT and business teams need to study these requirements.
- You will be receiving data back from the AFIP that you will need to integrate with your SAP system. Make sure your IT department plans for this work, or you understand how your managed services provider will integrate with SAP.
- If you are going to support these requirements yourself, make sure you develop a
contingency mode that preserves invoice sequencing even if a problem arises. The AFIP requires that official document numbers be issued in sequence, so if there is a problem with one particular invoice, subsequent invoices must be placed on hold until the problem is corrected.
- Attention if you are an SAP user!!! SAP users can comply with AFIP regulations, register for web services, and connect to the AFIP in real time through their SAP applications (click here to read about Crossgate's SAP e-invoicing support and services).
Kevin R Benedict
SAP Mentor volunteer and Independent e-Invoicing/EDI Analyst
Join the SAP EDI and SAP Information Interchange group on Linkedin:
www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=28845... *Full Disclosure: I am an independent consultant that has worked with and for many of the companies mentioned.