By Scott Wallask, SAP Experts
Having just sat through an internal project roll-out, I sympathized when a fellow Insider Learning Network member asked us about a business requirements questionnaire for a CRM implementation.
As the editor for our CRM Expert knowledgebase, I knew we had written about SAP CRM project planning, and this member's inquiry allowed me to revisit some of the great material we have for SAP CRM roll-outs.
I culled the following list of CRM project questions from our series of past articles. These questions have proven useful in past projects, and hopefully they can inspire any of you out there who are involved with SAP CRM upgrades or implementations:
Impact on departments and users
- What is the financial impact of the project?
- How will the project affect the customer management team?
- How will the project affect the IT team?
- How will the project affect the marketing team?
- How will the project affect the sales team?
- How will the project affect the order processing team?
Have business users sat in on demos of proposed CRM systems?
- What temporary and permanent staffing requirements will the project require?
- Will you use organizational change management as part of the project?
- What are your plans for increasing user adoption of the new CRM system?
Addressing business needs
- What kind of business scenarios does the business side want to address with the CRM system?
- Does the CRM software allow you to meet and expand your core business needs?
- What are the functional gaps in the CRM software compared to your core business needs?
- Could business requirements change during the course of the project?
- How will you keep executives informed about the project's progress?
- What specific, measurable goals do you want to achieve with the project?
- Do you have a long-range roadmap that outlines the functionality you want to implement?
- What are the real-time capabilities of the CRM system?
- What hardware and software licenses does the project require?
- What training needs will users require before the project goes live?
- What training needs will users require after the project goes live?
- What new developments or releases does the vendor have on the horizon for the CRM software?
- Have you developed a system map that outlines the architecture for the potential CRM system?
- Will the p
roject require enhancements to the user interface?
- Are there technical integration challenges to implementing the CRM system?
- Will you need to synchronize master data between a legacy system and the new CRM system?
- Will the implementation follow a big bang approach or follow phases?
- Have you considered beginning the project with a smaller pilot program?
We'll continue this conversation in our CRM Forum, so please post a response in the forum if I've forgotten an important aspect or if you have something to share from your implementation experiences.
Follow Scott on Twitter @CRMexpert1