by Lucy Swedberg, Group Editor, SAPinsider and insiderPROFILES
As our Financials, GRC, and HR events draw to a close, I thought I’d share a quick summary of the hot projects and topics attendees were buzzing about throughout the week:
- GRC 10: Lots of folks I spoke with have been contemplating a GRC implementation for a while now, and GRC 10 seems to have pushed them over the edge (in a good way!).
- BPC: Without question, still a very hot topic.
- New G/L migrations: Many companies are realizing, if they haven’t already, that it’s time to make the move.
- IFRS: Several attendees mentioned that they’re moving ahead with their IFRS preparation, even without firm direction from the US government. Way to be prepared, folks.
- ESS and MSS: Hot topics throughout the conference. In fact, as I write, I’m also listening in on Eric Wood presenting a case study session on how BMW Manufacturing realized cost savings and improved efficiencies through its self-service upgrade. Last session of the day (and 2 birds have snuck in and are flying around the room!) and attendees are still glued to their seats.
All in all, a buzzworthy week here at the MGM Grand. In a crazed city filled with dinging slot machines and thumping nightclubs, we’ve really managed to create our own stir.
A big thank you to our sponsors, speakers, and attendees – we hope to see you all back next year!