The following excerpt has been taken from Jim Cameron of ExperiG’s presentation “Strategies for Selecting the Right Mobile Devices for Use in an SAP Environment: Integration, Maintenance, and Custom Development Considerations” which is taking place during the SAPInsider Mobile Seminar, Nov 2-4 in Las Vegas and December 7-9 in Copenhagen.
For more tips on making your SAP applications mobile, make sure to Register Today.
Five Rules for Supporting Customer Facing Devices
- Support as many different mobile devices as you can for customer facing applications
- Target popular platforms like the Apple iOS and Android with native applications that provide a robust user experience
- For retail customers, target tablet based applications with rich content and interactive catalogs
- Take advantage of low cost text message to provide key alerts to customers
- Be sensitive to data bandwidth as consumer data plans increase in cost and are no longer unlimited