- Adam Binnie (@Adam_Binnie), SAP’s Global VP and GM of Business Intelligence gives a brief rundown of SAP’s first-ever event in the APJ. The big challenge he’s seeing for companies? Moving beyond classic BI use cases (information delivery information for executives and management) and instead reaching a larger user base in and outside their organization.
- Brian Katis, GVP and GM for SAP EPM solutions offers a wrapup of the first day of BI 2012 – with a focus on data for CFOs and the demos they offered on mobile device. (Debate at the office here - Isn't Brian a dead-ringer for actor Jeremy Renner? You be the judge.)
- Michael Lortz, Senior Director SAP Solutions for GRC, outlines the themes of the GRC Forum , which drew about 130 customers and partners. He noted some specific GRC customers, too: Bharat Petro’s advanced use of SAP Access Control with HR triggers, and Sybase’s story as a GRC customer pre-acquisition.
- N Muthukumar, Senior VP and Head of Corp
orate Affairs at Olam
International Limited – which inherited seven legacy systems after 24 acquisitions in the last three years – shares a quick overview of how the company used SAP BPC to manage consolidation efforts.
- Clint Vosloo, an SAP mentor from South Africa (and a key ally in the flock’s taking over Singapore) talks about the SAP mentor presence at the conference. (Thanks to Clint for the duck photo shoot!)
For more Singapore conference (and duck) details, follow @SAPAnalyticsAPJ. Here on Insider Learning Network, we'll continue to post BI and financials tips, as well as updates from SAPinsider’s upcoming Financials 2013 and BI 2013 in Las Vegas March 19-23.
As for the ducks, the latest spotting: in the water with a happy bunch of SAP mentors!