I just took a sneak peek at one of the sessions for Reporting & Analytics 2012 taking place October 29-31 in Las Vegas . You won’t want to miss Kevin Hutto’s session on Exploiting Self-Service Capabilities in SAP BusinessObjects Explorer to Reduce Dependency on IT Staff. The following information was taken from his presentation and offers a glimpse of what he will be covering.
Key Questions that will be answered:
- Where can we leverage SAP BusinessObjects Explorer in our organization? There is so much information to dissect, how do we know where to focus first?
- How can we improve the total cost of ownership with our current business intelligence solution?
- Is there a way to speed up processing times and give users an easy to use utility that will reduce reporting overhead?
- What lines of business can I expect from the SAP BusinessObjects solution and how can it improve daily functions?
Key points to remember for optimizing information spaces:
- Determine the best data provide
What is the context of the Information Space?
- Depending on the business need and user demand, choose a source data system and data provider that is the most efficient and most accurate
etermine what filters can be used in the universe
- A context makes certain that the Information Space represents the desired perspective
- For example: Sales or Reservations
- By using filters, only the data necessary for a specific information need is included into the Information Space
7 key takeaways:
- Be sure to meet business demands for multiple types of reporting (strategic, analytical, operational)
- Prepare to scale your BI application to future data growth need
- Offload a significant amount of reporting from the source system to the users
- Promote reusability of basic building blocks for consumption within the BI application
- Improve consistency of business components within the BI application
- Be flexible enough to integrate new systems in the event of business changes such as acquisitions
- Make the BI solution easily adopted by end users and give them information they need in a quick and timely manner
The presentation is chock full of useful tips and take-homes, plus live demos... definitely a must-see session.
I look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas in October!