Panelists: SAP's Karl Kessler, Chris Aron, and Mahadevan Venkata
Take your ABAP skills to the next level!
By securely moving your ABAP development to the cloud using SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment, you can manage your SAP extensions in one central development environment and safely deploy the latest updates to your SAP applications, while maintaining a stable SAP core.
Take advantage of the newest ABAP innovations, enterprise-grade SAP Cloud Platform business and application services, and the power of the SAP HANA business data platform to build breakthrough business applications in the cloud. You can leverage your existing ABAP experts who are also familiar with your business to accelerate innovation while reducing training, hardware, operations, and administration costs.
Read the live Q&A discussion transcript and get answers to questions such as:
- What are the typical use cases for an SAP customer who is mostly on SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC), SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM), and SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) /SAP Business Intelligence (SAP BI)?
- What learning curve does a traditional ABAP developer need to overcome to do development work in the cloud?
- What are the benefits of moving custom code to SAP Cloud Platform and keeping the core clean?
- What is the advantage for back-end systems that can already be developed using Eclipse?
- How do we make the business case for our customers to give up their current development environment?
- How can I move existing on-premise ABAP extensions to the cloud?
- Is there any already-built standard program available that we can use to learn? We learned ABAP coding by checking standard ABAP programs.
Panelists included these ABAP experts from SAP:
- Karl Kessler, Vice President of Product Management ABAP Platform
- Mahadevan Venkata, Industry Experts, Global Go-to-Market, SAP Cloud Platform
- Florian Wahl, Product Management, SAP Core Platform
Please fill out the short form to read the transcript.