Accelerate your understanding of SAP and walk away from this session with real-world insights and proven best practices for managing SAP projects. Improve your foundational knowledge of SAP through lecture and guided exercises that demonstrate the resources, preparation, and approaches necessary to be successful. You will learn much of this in the context of the top 10 mistakes inherent to SAP projects and strategies to avoid these pitfalls.
You will learn how to:
- Review the breadth of SAP's business solutions, components, development tools, and methodologies
- Learn how to connect an SAP project's workstream and desired outcome to a customer's broader enterprise architecture, business needs, and portfolio management initiatives
- Walk through the basics of SAP technologies and platforms, including the cloud
- Understand how to effectively engage and work with executives and steering committees
- Examine several underlying components of customer culture and team climate, including how to quickly assess company culture and build culture-sensitive project teams
- Consider organizational change in the context of an SAP project team, a customer's business teams, and the customer's IT department
- Discover how to frame and better plan for and execute SAP projects in the context of pending mergers or acquisitions
- Learn when to “fit in,” when to drive transformation, and how to push the boundaries of high-performance SAP project teams
- Learn how System 2 thinking can drive more naturally obtainable project outcomes
- Participate in gamification and other activities to motivate project teams while improving reporting, task velocity, and project lifecycle management
- Apply light-weight six sigma principles to decrease risks, improve learning and project quality, and reduce “surprises” across development, technical, and partner/vendor teams
- Address critical post-go-live considerations proactively, including how to structure and staff for systems administration and ongoing operations
- Learn new methods for developing SAP project and program management skills, including real-world examples for obtaining additional experience and training
This presentation is from Reporting 2014. For more information about this and our other conference and seminar offerings, visit our Conference and Seminar page.